Classes begin quarterly
Learn Data Analytics Online in 24 Weeks
The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill puts the student experience first, teaching you the knowledge and skills to conduct analytics on a wide array of real-world problems.
In just 24 weeks, you’ll journey through a challenging curriculum and gain the specialized skills needed to analyze big data and turn it into clear insights. The part-time schedule, allows you to fit this program into your life whether you’re in college, working full-time, or have other existing obligations.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our program combines the best of online education: engaging hands-on projects and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why Choose our Data Analytics Boot Camp?
- Earn a digital Professional Certificate from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill after studying part-time over 24 weeks in our online data analytics program.
- Apply your knowledge on projects that align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like finance services, human resources, healthcare, and government.
- Receive high levels of support from a team including instructors, teaching assistants, student success team, free tutor network, and more.
- Benefit from the support career services will provide you during the program and after successful completion of the program.
Our curriculum is based on hands-on learning. Through an immersive virtual experience, students will dive into in-demand technologies like Intermediate Excel, Fundamental Statistics, Python, SQL, HTML/CSS, Tableau, and more. Collaborating with your classmates and also working individually, you’ll take your new skills and put them to use on comprehensive projects.
These projects allow you to build a professional portfolio that showcases your skills to stand out in today’s job market. Over 24 intensive weeks, you’ll learn the fundamentals for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front-End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Innovative Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your Instructor and Teaching Assistants.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
Those who complete the online data analytics program can be qualified for a number jobs including:
- Looks at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics and tools.
- Employs advanced skills that include those of data analysts, data engineers and more! They focus on machine learning and algorithm development for modeling trends and forecasting the future.
- Uses Excel and Powerpoint to create reports around key business questions and develop strategies based on macro trends in the data.
- Designs, installs, tests and maintains software systems with popular programming languages like Python.
When learning the skills for data analysis, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our part-time data analytics program offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is This Program Right for You?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply to the Data Analytics Boot Camp
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Analytics Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
» Coding Part-Time 1/17/23
» Data Analytics Part-Time 3/13/23
» Digital Marketing Part-Time 3/13/23
» Product Mgmt Part-Time 1/31/23
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps. Once a prospective student fills out the form or calls our admissions department, they will go through an initial phone interview with an advisor. Applicants who are recommended to move forward will then take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment.
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
No, you do not have to be a UNC-Chapel Hill student to enroll in The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill. The program is offered through UNC-Chapel Hill Digital and Lifelong Learning.