Classes begin quarterly
Learn Data Analytics Online in 24 Weeks
The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill puts the student experience first, teaching you the knowledge and skills to conduct analytics on a wide array of real-world problems.
In just 24 weeks, you’ll journey through a challenging curriculum and gain the specialized skills needed to analyze big data and turn it into clear insights. With a part-time schedule, you’ll attend class on evenings and weekends, allowing you to fit this program into your life whether you’re in college or working full-time.
» Is this program for you?
More data has been created in the past two years than in the entire previous history of the human race. This surge in data has created an equally large demand for skilled professionals who can turn that data into insights. If you are hardworking and want to join the data revolution, or if any of the following sound like you, we believe this could be the professional move you’ve been searching for:
- Individuals in a business where data is vital to the bottom line.
- Individuals who are currently data professionals and want to advance their career by gaining new technical skills.
- Individuals interested in visualizing consumer, social, or popular trends.
- Individuals who seek to enter a new field like government, media or healthcare—and are looking for a way in.
- Individuals who are full-time students but wish to expand their knowledge and bolster their skillset.
Our curriculum is based on hands-on learning. Through an immersive virtual classroom experience, students will dive into in-demand technologies like Intermediate Excel, Fundamental Statistics, Python, SQL, HTML/CSS, Tableau, and more. Collaborating with your classmates and also working individually, you’ll take your new skills and put them to use on comprehensive projects.
These projects allow you to build a professional portfolio that showcases your skills to stand out in today’s job market. Over 24 intensive weeks, you’ll learn the fundamentals for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front–End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- R Programming
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps. Once a prospective student fills out the form or calls our admissions department, they will go through an initial phone interview with an advisor. Applicants who are recommended to move forward will then take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment.
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
No, you do not have to be a UNC-Chapel Hill student to enroll in The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill. The program is offered through the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education.
Currently Enrolling » Coding Part-Time 5/24/21 » Data Analytics Part-Time 5/25/21 » Digital Marketing Part-Time 6/7/21 » Tech Project Mgmt Part-Time 7/20/21
» Coding Part-Time 5/24/21
» Data Analytics Part-Time 5/25/21
» Digital Marketing Part-Time 6/7/21
» Tech Project Mgmt Part-Time 7/20/21