Classes begin quarterly
Become a Technology Project Manager in 18 Weeks
Technology has transformed the way organizations work. Today, nearly every project includes a technology component. To be effective in any industry, project managers need to understand how software is developed and what role it plays in meeting a project’s business objectives.
- Through hands-on classes in a convenient part-time format, The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead projects across a variety of industries.
- With a project-based curriculum, you’ll gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning and more.*
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training and 1:1 coaching, you’ll be positioned for success as you work to advance in your current career or seek a new opportunity.
- Over the course of 18 weeks, you’ll acquire the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
Learn Modern Project Management
You will develop technical fluency — learning how software is developed and maintained so that you can credibly lead technology projects in any industry. The market-driven curriculum covers*:
The Business of Software Development
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Business and Organizational Strategy
- Budgeting, Procurement, and Vendor Management
- Requirements Documentation
- Process Mapping and Modeling
- Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Plans
Traditional Project Management & Waterfall Development
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Triple Constraint Theory
- Project Plans
- Risk Register and Risk Matrix
- Quality and Stakeholder Management
Project Management in Operations
- Resource Planning
- Operations Team Communications Matrix
- Maintenance Release Project Scheduling
- Key Performance Indicator Dashboards
- Service Level Agreement Documents
Hybrid Project Management
- Traditional and Agile Methodologies
- Hybrid Project Management Flow
- Gantt Charts
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Sprint Boards for Hybrid Projects
- Project Closeout
Agile Methodologies and Scrum Framework
- Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles
- Agile Scrum Framework
- Story Point Estimation
- Scrum Development Team Formation and Roles
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Product and Sprint Backlog Management
- Agile Value-Based Prioritization
- Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Gain real-world skills:
The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership and business management skills. Those who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Explain each stage of the traditional project management lifecycle and create all documentation required to drive a project plan from initiation to closure.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders, model them as use cases and use them as input for executing the four phases of the testing life cycle.
- Apply agile principles to the working environment to conduct release, capacity and velocity planning.
- Apply your new skills and knowledge to the Professional Scrum Master™ Level I exam.
- Utilize modern software like Jira, Smartsheet and G Suite to build project plans and reports.
- 18-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
» Coding Part-Time 3/23/21
» Data Analytics Part-Time 5/25/21
» Digital Marketing Part-Time 3/9/21
» Tech Project Mgmt Part-Time 4/19/21